<< Back to the home page
About the undergraduate study programme
Category: Preddiplomski studij
Undergraduate university study programme in Environmental Engineering lasts for three years during which students gain knowledge of fundamental natural, technical and computer sciences that are a prerequisite for understanding the basic principles of environmental engineering, which include the knowledge about environmental protection, waste management and other measures and procedures concerning environmental protection.
In that way students acquire the ability to recognize and describe different problems in environmental engineering, offer the best solutions to the problems they encounter in their professional work, use laboratory and field equipment as well as monitor, record and analyse the data derived from laboratory and filed testing. They will also be able to use IT, work independently or in a team and successfully manage workload and time.
Upon the completion of the undergraduate study programme students gain the degree and competences which enable them to not only enrol in the graduate university study programmes at the Faculty of Geotechnical Engineering but in graduate study programmes from similar fields at other technical faculties and to enrol in different lifelong learning programmes.
Upon the completion of the undergraduate university study programme in Environmental Engineering students are awarded the degree of :
University Bachelor Environmental Engineer
univ. bacc. ing. amb.
Learning outcomes of the undergraduate study programme in Environmental Engineering:
Upon the completion of the undergraduate study programme in Environmental Engineering students will be
- apply knowledge of mathematics, natural sciences and basic engineering disciplines in completing feasibility studies and projects related to environmental engineering,
- identify, analyse and solve less demanding tasks related to environmental engineering,
- use techniques, skills and modern engineering tools which are important in the environmental engineering practice,
- prepare and develop technical parts of tender offers,
- make technical drawings, sketches and diagrams, solve less demanding numerical tasks and develop a basis for project documentation,
- plan and participate in contaminated soil and water remediation programmes as well as plan field research related to geotechnical and hydrotechnical engineering,
- acquire technical data and take part in choosing the most favourable equipment for undertaking field research during contaminated soil and water remediation programmes
- recommend mechanical equipment, technological processes and treatment techniques for the remediation of contaminated soil and water as well as for the treatment of municipal solid waste (MSW) and hazardous waste
- acquire and store data for the Geographic Information System ( GIS ), which is used for the registry of waste disposal sites and for the preparation of databases of soil and water quality,
- organize networks for monitoring water supplies and for the protection of water resources,
- take hazardous or non-hazardous soil and water samples (surface and groundwater),
- trace underground water flows,
- carry out standard hydrologic measurements and control measurements on hydraulic structures,
- assess risks and participate in the preparation of feasibility studies concerning medium complex problems in environmental engineering,
- participate in the preparation of impact assessment studies concerning an ecological network and the environment,
- collaborate in the design, exploitation and processing of mineral resources.
Pravilnik o studiranju na sveučilišnom preddiplomskom i diplomskom studiju Geotehničkog fakulteta.pdf
Pravilnik o uvjetima studiranja sportaša na Geotehničkom fakultetu.pdf
Pravilnik o završetku preddiplomskog studija Inženjerstvo okoliša na Geotehničkom fakultetu.pdf
Voditelji studenata preddiplomskog studija Inženjerstvo okoliša.pdf
Upute-pisanje završnog rada-27.02.2020.pdf